Shop724.ca Privacy Notice
Voulez-vous voir cette page en français? Cliquez ici.
The following principles govern our collection and use of your personal information:
- Personal information is only gathered with your consent;
- Personal information is kept strictly confidential and secure;
- You may have access to your personal information upon request.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Shop724.ca Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Shop724 experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Shop724.ca or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Shop724.ca on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Shop724.ca if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as 1-Clickpurchasing, personalized advertisements, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Shop724.ca Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we’re not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Shop724 INC. controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at Shop724.ca or sell offerings to you at Shop724.ca. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes, we send offers to selected groups of Shop724.ca customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we don’t give that business your name and address. If you don’t want to receive such offers, please contact us.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Shop724 INC. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Shop724.ca and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Shop724.ca, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information About Me?
Whenever personal information is disclosed to Shop724.ca’s suppliers and partners, Shop724 takes reasonable measures to protect the personal information disclosed to its suppliers and partners, under contractual agreements stating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is intended. We assure you that your personal information will never be disclosed to third parties for such parties marketing and solicitation purposes.
Shop724 has established appropriate technological, physical and contractual security measures designed to help protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
Shop724.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Shop724.ca for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Shop724.ca features as Customer Reviews and Wish Lists.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section, above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust contact us. (If you don’t want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices still will govern your use of Shop724.ca, and it’s your responsibility to review them for changes)( Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from receiving transactional e-mails regarding an online order you made.)
Are Children Allowed to Use Shop724.ca?
Shop724.ca does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use Shop724.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Shop724.ca, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages and arbitration of disputes. If you have any concern about privacy at Shop724.ca, please contact us with a thorough description, and we’ll try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you’ve used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, email address and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address, email address and telephone number; names of people (with addresses and telephone numbers) listed in your profile; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at Shop724.ca include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings), payment settings (including credit or/and debit card information, gift card, and check balances), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and recommendations.
Deleting your account
You can also ask Shop724 to delete your user profile by contacting Shop724.ca’s Customer Service at the following address: [email protected] or by phone at 1-833-999-1232.
If you would like to opt-out of any uses of your Personal Information, request correction or deletion, make a complaint, or generally have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Commitment, you may contact the Shop724 Privacy Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Shop724 will consider all complaints and will respond within 30 business days after receipt of written complaint. If the complaint is well-founded, Shop724 will take suitable measures to address the complaint.